|File Size:||6347 kb|
Mission: Here, Now.
Press Releases & Files: All books published through MIT Press. For an 8" x 10", 300 ppi photo of Dr. Austin for press, click Download File above.
Bio In Brief:
Name: James H. Austin.
Born: 1925 in Cleveland, Ohio.
Occupation: Neurologist, Professor, Author.
Schools: Harvard Medical School. Rinzai Zen.
Sangha: Hokoku-An in Columbia, Missouri, USA.
Interviews with Dr Austin:
1. John Horgan. Rational Mysticism. (2003) pp 124-140 in J. Horgan. Rational Mysticism. Dispatches from the Border Between Science and Spirituality. Boston, Houghton Mifflin, 2003.
2. Vince Horn. Episode BG 140: This is Your Brain on Meditation. September 28, 2009. Retrieve for Podcast at www.buddhistgeeks.com.
3. Vince Horn. Episode BG141: The Mechanisms of Kensho. October 5, 2009. Retrieve for Podcast at www.buddhistgeeks.com .
4. Zenshin Michael Haederle. This is Your Brain on Zen. Tricycle, The Buddhist Review (Fall, 2009);19(1);58-61; 113-114.
Note: The first PET scan on this tricycle article ( page 58) is not correct. The correct scan and the descriptive commentary is on page 12 of the second issue of the Winter 2009 Tricycle isssue.
5. Realizing Awakened Consciousness: Interviews with Buddhist Teachers (2015). Richard Boyle. Appendix pp 292-302, Interview with James H Austin. Columbia University Press New York, NY.