Above: A Pet Scan of James H. Austin's brain, in meditation from This is Your Brain on Zen, #8 in the list on this page.
7. The Semantics of Samadhi, Tricycle Magazine, Summer 1998 (Excerpted from Zen and the Brain, MIT Press.
8. This is Your Brain on Zen. Michael Haederle's article, This is Your Brain on Zen, abstracted from Selfless Insight, 2009, Tricycle Magazine, Vol 19, No.1, Fall 2009. pages 58-61, and 113-114.
9. Meditating Selflessly at the Dawn of a New Millennium. Contemporary Buddhism, An Interdisciplinary Journal Vol. 13, no. 1. (2012): 61-82.
10. Zen and the Brain: Mutually Illuminating Topics. Frontiers in Psychology Vol 4, 1-9, 24 October 2013.
11. Old Joshu LIves On. Contemporary Buddhism, An Interdisciplinary Journal, Volume 18, 2017, Issue 1, pages 72 to 88.
12. Old Joshu Lives On. Taylor and Francis. Online. DOWNLOAD.
James H. Austin has published over 150 articles.